Welcome to the food emporium, where recipes are brought together and shared by people with a love affair for food. This is for people who love to prepare the holiday dinner just to watch the reaction as your creation is savoured. Just to let you know, I will not be posting pictures of the recipes simultaneously with the recipe but if you do want to see a picture of any recipe you will find it on my instagram, stringbeanela

Friday, October 8, 2010

Uno Problemo


Ok, here is my problem.  I bought this fennel/anise bulb at superstore today and I'm not sure what to do with it.  In case you're wondering superstore calls this anise and bonappetit calls this fennel, who is right we are not sure.  My real problem is not that I don't know what to make with this, it is that I went into a grocery store without a clearly defined list.  When I do that I always make impulse buys on things that we don't actually need but I think look cool or might taste good.  I went in to superstore to get one thing, evaporated milk for pumpkin pie and came out with swiss chard and a fennel bulb.  The swiss chard was because it tastes fantastic and the fennel because I have never used it in cooking before but I think it should taste good.  Anyways, I have three recipes that I have to decide between for the fate of this fennel bulb they are; braised fennel, fennel and green beans or pork marinated in fennel.  If you want you please leave a comment on what I should do below.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit fenneled out down under. It's been everywhere man. However, we had it served baked last time at it was not too bad. Is this going to be part of your turkey day celebration?

    ReplyDelete