Welcome to the food emporium, where recipes are brought together and shared by people with a love affair for food. This is for people who love to prepare the holiday dinner just to watch the reaction as your creation is savoured. Just to let you know, I will not be posting pictures of the recipes simultaneously with the recipe but if you do want to see a picture of any recipe you will find it on my instagram, stringbeanela

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just Rice?

Tonight I was at home alone and there was no one for me to cook for so I didn't really feel like cooking. Usually on these nights I would make an egg and be done with it but since I made a promise to give you a supper for 30 days, I decided to put a little effort into it. The credit goes out to my sister for this recipe. This is a super easy, super fast recipe that takes only as long as it takes for rice to cook. It may sound weird at first but please give it the benefit of the doubt because it is possibly the best rice dish ever. That's saying a lot coming from me since rice is my favourite food, if I was on a desert island all I would need is, rice.

Recipe

1 Avocado
2 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 a Cucumber
1 Red Pepper
1/2 a Container of Plain Yogurt
Cilantro
Steamed Rice

Chop all of the vegetables and mix them in a bowl with the yogurt. You want the mixture to be a little soupy but not too much, this may require more or less than half a container depending on the size of your vegetables. Put rice on a plate, spoon the vegetable mixture over top, top with seasoned seafood soy sauce (it doesn't have to be this but it's the one I like the best for this recipe, I also use Bragg but you can use plain soy sauce if you want) and cilantro. Voila you have a completed meal that's incredibly fast and simple. Just a side note I use the astro Balkan style yogurt, you could use any, just make sure it's plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment